Americans may as well be the most spontaneous people on earth. We are single-handedly responsible for so many great things, from football, bowling, politics, online gambling, and even the largest protests. What are some things going on in our country today that seem pretty normal or not strange at all? What do you think should happen next?
How would we know if something was happening as a government to us? Or a problem? Let me know in the comments and tell me your thoughts. If you enjoyed this take on some notable random things going on please give it a like and share!
Life in America
With all the random things around us put into consideration, you have to remind yourself everyday that when bad things happen they just don’t compare to good things and when good things happen there’s nothing better than sharing them with others. It helps to look around and realize what you have…to live in such an amazing place. We shouldn’t get too complacent though because life is unpredictable and anything can happen.
What’s Going On?
- Cannabis legalization has been approved in 6 more states: Alaska, California, Oregon, Nevada, Massachusetts, and Maine. This brings the total to 29 out of 50 states. The last one is still pending on Vermont so I guess we’ll be waiting till 2020 for Vermont to join.
- The National Institute of Health (NIH) is looking into using cannabis oil extracts that may help treat certain diseases including cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. It could also potentially be used to reduce nausea from chemotherapy.
- A new study published by researchers at Columbia University found that CBD actually reduces anxiety by increasing activity within the hippocampus part of the brain. This is a small study done on rats but it shows promise and gives hope for future research on humans.
- There is a proposed law that would allow medical marijuana patients to grow their own medicine instead of having to buy it off the shelf. Currently, marijuana is only legal for recreational use in Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Alaska, and Washington D.C. There are other states that will start allowing it soon, but it won’t be much longer before it becomes federally illegal again.
- Amazon recently announced they are launching a delivery service called Amazon Flexes. These workers deliver packages for businesses while driving their personal vehicles. They work independently which means no boss telling them how to do their job. It seems like this could be great opportunity for people who want to make money but don’t want a traditional job where they are required to show up every day and follow rules.
One of my favorite pastimes is being social media obsessed, continuously scouring through the most random things. So many amazing things are going on that I try and find ways to document them all. Recently I’ve seen these things pop up and feel compelled to write about them. I’m sure there are even more cool things that I missed that you’re already aware of. So hopefully I didn’t leave anything out and if you want to add to the conversation you can comment down below.